当前位置: 首页 > 办公技巧 > 正文

办公室接电话技巧英文(12 Phrasal Verbs You Can Use At Work: An English Lesson[字幕版])

  • 叁碗诸角 叁碗诸角
  • 办公技巧
  • 2023-09-09 05:50:51
  • 0

In this English lesson, I'll teach you 12 phrasal verbs

在这节英语课上 我将教你12个短语动词

that you can use at work.

你可以在工作中使用

The first phrasal verb that I want to teach you

我想教你们的第一个短语动词

that you can use at work is to run something by someone.

你可以在工作中使用的是由某人管理一些东西

Now, this does not involve running in any way.

现在 这并不涉及以任何方式跑步

Instead, what this means is maybe you have an idea

相反 这意味着也许你有一个想法

or you want to change how something is done at work.

或者你想改变工作中的工作方式

But before you can use that idea, you need to get permission

但在你使用这个想法之前 你需要获得许可

from your manager or your boss.

从你的经理或你的老板那里

You need to run it by them.

你需要向他们汇报情况

So in English, when you run something by someone,

所以在英语中 当你通过某人运行某件事时

you go to someone like your boss or manager

你去找你的老板或经理这样的人

and you explain your idea or you explain what you want to change.

然后你解释你的想法 或者你解释你想要改变什么

And then they say, Go ahead.

然后他们说 去吧

Sounds like a great idea.

听起来是个好主意

Or maybe they say, No bad idea.

或者他们会说 这主意不错

So to run something by someone is to explain a new idea

因此 由某人运行某件事就是解释一个新的想法

or a change you want to make to seek their permission.

或者你想要做出的改变 以寻求他们的许可

The second phrasal verb that you can use at work is to look after something.

你可以在工作中使用的第二个短语动词是照顾某事

At work there are little jobs and tasks that need to be done,

在工作中 需要完成的工作和任务很少

and the person who looks after something is the person who does that actual work.

而照顾某事的人就是真正做这件事的人

Sometimes at school we go on field trips.

有时在学校 我们会去实地考察

In order to go on a field trip someone needs to order a bus.

为了进行实地考察 有人需要订一辆公共汽车

Someone needs to call the bus company and say we need a bus

需要有人给巴士公司打电话 说我们需要一辆巴士

next week Tuesday for 45 students.

下周二 45名学生参加

So in a meeting, someone might say, I'll look after that.

因此 在会议上 有人可能会说 我会处理这件事的

I will be the person who calls the bus company.

我将是给公交公司打电话的人

I will do that small job or small task.

我会做那件小事或小事

So in English, when you look after something, it means you're

所以在英语中 当你照顾某事时 意思是你

the person who's going to do that job.

那个要做那份工作的人

So the third phrasal verb you can use at work is to fill in for someone.

因此 你可以在工作中使用的第三个短语动词是代替某人

When you fill in for someone, you do their job for them

当你代替某人时 你就代替了他们的工作

because they can't make it to work that day, or maybe because they're sick.

因为他们那天不能来上班 或者可能是因为他们生病了

So maybe your boss comes to you and says, I know you have Saturday off,

所以也许你的老板来找你说 我知道你周六休息

but can you fill in for John on Saturday because he can't make it in for his shift?

但是你能在星期六代替约翰吗?因为他不能来值班了

At my job, sometimes the boss comes and says, Can you fill in for Fred today?

在我的工作中 有时老板会来问 你今天能顶替弗雷德吗?

He is at home sick.

他生病在家了

So I might have to teach Fred's class as well as my own.

因此 我可能不得不像教我自己的课一样教弗雷德的课

It's a lot of extra work.

这是很多额外的工作

So in English, when you fill in for someone at work,

所以在英语中 当你在工作中代替某人时

it means you're doing their job for them because they can't make it to work

这意味着你在替他们做他们的工作 因为他们无法工作

for some reason.

出于某种原因

The fourth

第四次

phrasal verb that you can use at work is to reach out to someone.

你可以在工作中使用的短语动词是向某人伸出援助之手

And this simply means to contact someone.

而这仅仅意味着联系某人

Maybe you need to phone them or text them or send them an email.

也许你需要给他们打电话、发短信或给他们发电子邮件

Maybe you work at a company that has offices in different parts of the world.

也许你在一家在世界各地都有办事处的公司工作

And during a meeting, someone says someone should tell

在一次会议上 有人说应该有人告诉我

the people in the office in France about this new idea.

法国办公室里的人都在谈论这个新想法.

And you could say, Oh, I'll reach out to them.

你可以说 哦 我会联系他们的

That means you will contact them.

这意味着你会联系他们

You will give them a phone call.

你要给他们打个电话

You will send them a text message or you will send them an email

你可以给他们发短信 也可以给他们发邮件

and give them an update about some new idea that you were talking about.

并向他们介绍你所说的一些新想法

So in English, the phrasal verb to reach out to someone simply means

因此在英语中 短语动词向某人伸出援手的意思很简单

to contact them.

去联系他们

The fifth phrasal verb you can use at work is to deal with something.

你可以在工作中使用的第五个短语动词是处理某事

When you deal with something,

当你处理一些事情时

it means you are going to fix something or solve a problem.

意思是你要解决某件事或解决一个问题

Maybe two employees are fighting.

也许有两个员工在打架

They're arguing with each other.

他们在互相争执

You could go and deal with it.

你可以去处理这件事

You could say, Hey, please calm down.

你可以说 嘿 请冷静下来

Let's talk nicely to each other and get back to work.

我们好好聊聊 然后回去工作吧

Maybe a machine has broken on the factory floor and someone has to go fix it.

也许车间里的机器坏了 总得有人去修理一下

You could say, Oh, I'll go deal with it.

你可以说 哦 我会去处理的

That means you're going to go.

这意味着你要去了

You're going to figure out what the problem is

你要找出问题出在哪里

and you're going to solve it.

你会解决这个问题的

So in English, when you use the phrasal verb to deal with something,

所以在英语中 当你用短语动词来处理某事时

it means you're going to be the person that solves the problem or fixes it.

这意味着你将成为解决问题或解决问题的人

The sixth phrasal verb you can use at work is to take on.

你可以在工作中使用的第六个短语动词是接受

When you take on something, it means you agree to do it.

当你接受某事时 意味着你同意去做

Sometimes people will call Jen and ask if she will provide flowers

有时人们会打电话给珍 问她是否会送花

for their wedding.

为他们的婚礼准备的

Jen needs to decide if she has the time and if she has enough flowers

珍需要决定她是否有时间 是否有足够的鲜花

to take on that job.

来承担这份工作

Maybe at your work someone has called and asked your company to build ten houses.

也许在你工作的时候 有人打电话给你 让你的公司建十栋房子

You need to decide if you have the time and the resources

你需要决定你是否有时间和资源

and enough people to take on that project.

而且有足够的人来承担这个项目

So in English, when you take on something, it means that you agree to do it.

所以在英语中 当你接受某事时 意思是你同意做这件事

So let's do phrasal verbs number seven and eight together.

让我们一起来学习第七和第八个短语动词

They are to fall behind and to catch up.

他们将落后 然后迎头赶上

When you fall behind, it means you're not getting enough work done.

当你落后时 就意味着你没有完成足够的工作

Maybe you need to have a job done by Friday and it's Thursday night

也许你需要在周五之前完成一项工作 而现在是周四晚上

and you realize you need

你意识到你需要

two more days to finish it because you have started to fall behind.

再过两天就能完成了 因为你已经开始落后了

Then you need to catch up.

那你就得迎头赶上了

To catch up means to work longer hours or to work faster to get a job done.

意思是工作时间更长 或者工作得更快才能完成一项工作

This happens to be at school sometimes.

这有时恰好发生在学校

Sometimes I fall behind in my grading.

有时我的成绩落在后面

I have a stack of tests that I need to grade,

我有一大堆测试要打分

and then I need to stay up late to catch up

然后我需要熬夜才能赶上

because I know that I need to get them done by the next day.

因为我知道我需要在第二天之前把它们做好

So when you fall behind, it means a job isn't going as fast

所以当你落后的时候 就意味着工作进展不快

as you wanted it to and you probably won't get it done on time.

就像你想要的那样 你可能不会按时完成

And to catch up means to work harder so that you do get something done on time.

而追赶意味着更加努力地工作 这样你才能按时完成一些事情

The ninth phrasal verb that you can use at work is to wrap something up.

你可以在工作中使用的第九个短语动词是把某事包起来

When you wrap something up, it doesn't mean you're putting wrapping paper on it

当你把东西包起来时 并不意味着你在上面放了包装纸

like a Christmas present.

就像圣诞礼物一样

It means you're finishing something.

这意味着你在完成一件事

When I'm grading tests, when I get to the last test, I can wrap up my grading.

当我在给考试评分时 当我到了最后一次考试时 我可以结束我的评分

I'm done all of my grading.

我已经完成了我所有的评分

When you're working on a project at work, when you get to the last two

当你在工作中做一个项目时 当你读到最后两个

or three things, it's fun to wrap it up by finishing those last things.

或者三件事 通过完成最后几件事来结束它是一件有趣的事情

You'll hear me use this during my live English lessons as well.

你也会在我的现场英语课上听到我用到这个词

At the end I'll say, okay, I'm going to wrap this up.

最后我会说 好的 我要把这个结束了

I'm going to answer one or two more questions

我将再回答一两个问题

and then we are going to hit the stop button.

然后我们要按下停止按钮

So when you wrap something up, it means that you're going to finish it.

所以当你把一件东西包起来的时候 就意味着你要完成它了

The 10th phrasal verb that you can use at work is to slack off.

你可以在工作中使用的第十个短语动词是Slake-off

I do not like it when people slack off.

我不喜欢人们偷懒

If you slack off at work, it means you're not working hard

如果你在工作中懈怠 那就意味着你工作不努力

or you're not working at all.

或者你根本就没在工作

When I was younger, I used to work with someone who would slack off all the time.

当我年轻的时候 我经常和一个总是偷懒的人一起工作

I would be working really hard and they would just be sitting

我会非常努力地工作 而他们只是坐在那里

and drinking a coffee when they were supposed to be working.

在他们应该工作的时候喝咖啡

I do not like it when coworkers slack off.

我不喜欢同事偷懒

So in English, if you are at work and you see someone who's not working hard

所以在英语中 如果你在工作中 你看到一个人不努力工作

or not working at all when they're supposed to be working,

或者在他们应该工作的时候根本不工作

you would then say that they are slacking off.

然后 你会说他们在偷懒

The 11th phrasal verb you can use at work is to follow through.

你可以在工作中使用的第11个短语动词是坚持到底

When you follow through with something, it means you do it from start to end.

当你坚持做某事时 这意味着你从头到尾都在做

You are very diligent, you are hardworking,

你很勤奋 你很勤奋

and you do a good job from the beginning to the end.

而且你从头到尾都做得很好

It's very important

这是非常重要的

when people order flowers from us that we follow through with the order.

当人们向我们订购鲜花时 我们就会执行订单

That we take the order.

我们接受命令

We communicate well and we deliver all the flowers they wanted at the end.

我们沟通得很好 最后我们送来了他们想要的所有鲜花

Jen has a very good reputation for being

Jen有一个非常好的名声 就是

someone who follows through with all her orders.

一个执行她所有命令的人

She doesn't ever cancel orders or forget things in her orders.

她从不取消订单 也不会忘记订单中的东西

She's very, very diligent.

她非常非常勤奋

She's very good at following through.

她很善于坚持到底

The 12th phrasal verb you can use at work is to point out,

你可以在工作中使用的第12个短语动词是指出

and this means to mention something or say something in a meeting or conversation.

意思是在会议或谈话中提到或说出某事

Maybe at your work you make boxes, and in a meeting

也许在你的工作中你会做盒子 在会议上

someone says, we're going to produce twice as many boxes next month and sell more.

有人说 我们下个月要生产两倍的盒子 卖得更多

You might point out that the box making machines are really old

你可能会指出 这些盒子制造机真的很老旧

and they might break more if the company decides to do that.

如果公司决定这样做 他们可能会打破更多

Maybe someone says, we're going to start selling our boxes in another country.

也许有人会说 我们将开始在另一个国家销售我们的盒子

And you might point out that that country has very strict import laws

你可能会指出 那个国家有非常严格的进口法

and it might be difficult to get the boxes to that country.

而且可能很难把这些箱子运到那个国家

So at work, if you point something out, it simply means that you say something

所以在工作中 如果你指出某件事 那仅仅意味着你说了什么

or you mention something in a conversation or in a meeting.

或者你在谈话或会议中提到了什么

Well, thank you so much for watching this English lesson about phrasal verbs

好了 非常感谢你收看这节关于短语动词的英语课

you can use at work.

你可以在工作中使用

I hope you learned a few new phrases that you can use in your next

我希望你学了一些新的短语 可以在你的下一次学习中使用

English conversation.

英语对话

If this is your first time here, don't forget to click that subscribe button.

如果这是您第一次来这里 别忘了点击订阅按钮

Give me a thumbs up.

给我竖起大拇指

Leave a comment below and if you have time,

在下面留下评论 如果你有时间

why don't you stick around and watch another English lesson?

你为什么不留下来再看一节英语课呢?


最新文章